The Eastern and
Of the three projects and infrastructure finance deals, Kilwa Energy was given
Addressing the gathering at the East African Business meeting in Dar es Salaam last week, the President and Chief Executive of PTA Bank Admassu Tadesse has reiterated their pledge to speed up development and expand local as well as regional financial markets.
He has stressed that the
Regarding the agricultural business sector, PTA offers funds across soft commodities like tobacco, sugar and cotton, with plans to provide financing for agricultural inputs like fertilizer. Tadesse stated, "The bank has approved close to
He has further said that the
The authorized capital of the bank has grown to
The Deputy Finance Minister - Mwigulu Nchemba has emphasized that the private sector has a crucial part to play to develop and reinforce the economy, while a good number of nations have shifted to the private sector-led economy from economy based on the public sector structure.
Nchemba stated, "The private sector continues to assume an increasingly larger and crucial role in national growth, development and poverty reduction efforts."
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor