More investments should be made into meat processing in lien with halal standards, modernization and construction of test laboratories in compliance with international and regional standards, Minister of Economy
"Cattle is slaughtered now in places out of control of respective authorities, while existing outdated slaughterhouses do not correspond to modern international standards. In such situation safety of meat products becomes a critical issue," the Minister underscored.
Mufti Toktomushev expressed interest in cooperation in halal industry related issues as the country has a huge potential in cattle breeding development.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'