The Managing Director of Kenya Power
Addressing the media in Narok town on Saturday, the Kenya Power MD has also said that their decision to assist people with funds will be hugely beneficial for the rural residents as the move will help them access affordable loans to get connections.
Chumo stated, "The financing arrangements at the cost Sh638 million credit facility spearheaded by
He has disclosed that the company added 443,000 customers in 2013, up from the earlier year s figure of 307,000 new consumers.
The firm's Managing Director revealed, "The government aims to increase electricity access rate to 70 per cent of Kenyans in the next five years.Currently, 32 per cent of Kenyans have access to electricity."
Chumo has further said that the company has set a goal of connecting 1 million new customers with the national grid in the financial year 2014-15.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples