It also said the current financial year has started well, with trading in line with its expectations and several major customer contract renewals across the company.
It reported a pretax profit of
"Underpinned by strong repeat and recurring revenue streams, we will continue to build on the organic growth achieved to date, whilst seeking additional growth opportunities in new regions such as the US and also complementary acquisitions," Chief Executive
The company's major growth markets are currently in the
Gross profit was up 8% in
"The decline reflects a fall of 12% in revenues measured in local currency and is a direct consequence of the implementation of new consumer protection regulation that has impacted our customers, chiefly the mobile network operators," it said.
"The US market is undergoing considerable change currently and increasing competition amongst the US carriers is driving the need for US carriers to increase customer retention and loyalty," it said. "We expect to make significant commercial progress in the next 12 months and in view of the scale of the opportunity, we will continue to invest for long- term growth."
The company also expects to act as a consolidator in the fragmented mobile software and services market, and is seeking acquisitions "which offer complementary product lines or customer bases".
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls