New Zealand Government - Environment Minister
"The applications illustrate the likely consequences of different options for water use and limits on a variety of important aspects of water management.
"For example it could include reliable water supply for farmers, in-stream habitats for trout, the flushing away of nuisance algae, and iwi values."
The tools to be trialled are the Environmental Flows Strategic Assessment Platform and the Cumulative Hydrological Effects Simulator developed by
"Workshops will be held with other councils using the results of the
"The software can be used at meetings and discussions so communities get a better understanding of the impacts of any decisions they make on using local water.
"This project could also help communities across
The round was aimed at activities that support key elements of the Government's freshwater programme, including implementation of the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management and regional planning and community participation in freshwater management.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo