SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Google is hoping a new brand will help sell more of its services to other companies.
The decade-old division responsible for corporate sales is now known as "Google for Work." It had been called Google Enterprise since the Internet company began to redesign email and other consumer products for business use.
Google Inc. believes the simpler name unveiled Tuesday will make it easier to persuade corporate technology managers to adopt many of the same tools that their employees already use in their personal lives. The lines between work and leisure have been blurring as more people rely on smartphones and tablets for many common computing tasks.
Google says about 60 percent of the companies in the Fortune 500 currently pay for at least one of its online services.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry