ENP Newswire -
Release date- 01092014 -
The project stems from a unique collaboration between a number of institutions: the
Eni intends return the restored Basilica of Collemaggio to the
At present, a call for tenders is underway with a view to appointing a contractor and commencing the construction phase, which should be completed by late 2016.
Given the Basilica's rich cultural assets, preliminary studies have focussed on safeguarding its historical, cultural, structural and functional elements. Moreover, restoration will be kept to the bare minimum so as to preserve the building's original features wherever possible. An extremely detailed digital model of the Basilica, supported by an extensive database, has been created by a scanner in order to facilitate the surveying and assessment phase, as well as to better manage construction and optimise future maintenance.
The main objectives of this project of immense technical and artistic value are to ensure the safety and seismic strengthening of the Basilica, and the protection of the monument's significant historical and artistic value.
Follow the restoration project at http://ungiornoacollemaggio.it/ and #ungiornoacollemaggio
Tel. +39 06.59822030 - +39 02.52031875
L'Aquila Town Council Press Office
+39 0862 645 704
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models