A score above 50 signals expansion in service sector activity, while a reading below means contraction.
New orders continued to increase and the rate of expansion was fastest since
Employment levels also continued to rise at a moderate rate in August.
Input costs continued to grow, though at a slower rate than in July. Output prices rose for the first time since March, though at a fractional pace.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore