Sarah Silverman payed respects to ailing Fashion Police host Joan Rivers the only way she knows how -- with a joke.
"We have a gig in 2 weeks and I'm not doing it without you. YOU'RE BEING RIDICULOUS @Joan Rivers," the 43-year-old comedian tweeted Sunday.
Silverman's post came a day after 81-year-old Rivers was put on life support at Mount Sinai hospital in New York following her cardiac arrest on Thursday. The comedian was undergoing a scheduled throat surgery when she stopped breathing and was rushed to the hospital last week.
Rivers was put into a medically induced coma upon arriving to the hospital and is currently depending on life support machines to stay alive. Sources say her family will have to determine soon whether to pull her off the machines, although insiders told the New York Daily News Melissa Rivers is "in denial" about her mother's health.
Celebrities like Bette Midler, Kelly Osbourne and Rihanna have joined Silverman in sending their well wishes to the controversial comedian over Twitter.
Please, please, let #JoanRivers pull through...— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) August 31, 2014
4 the first time in years I got down on my knees & prayed tonight! I encourage U 2 do the same 4 @Joan_Rivers my grandma! #inconsolable— Kelly Osbourne (@KellyOsbourne) August 30, 2014
@joan_rivers thinking of you and your family today. You are in my prayers.— Mike Tyson (@MikeTyson) August 31, 2014
Please keep Joan Rivers in your prayers— Rihanna (@rihanna) September 2, 2014
Sending love, love and more love to Joan. @Joan_Rivers— Jane Lynch (@janemarielynch) September 1, 2014
Original headline: Sarah Silverman, Bette Midler tweet well wishes to Joan Rivers
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore