Carrie Underwood is pregnant!
The 31-year-old country music star took to Twitter Monday to reveal that she and her NHL player husband Mike Fisher are expecting their first child together.
Underwood made the announcement by sharing a picture of her two dogs in t-shirts that read "I'm going to be a big brother" and "big sister" on Twitter.
In honor of "Labor" Day...Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier! pic.twitter.com/bROrzuHJ4Jó Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) September 1, 2014
After re-tweeting his wife's post, Fisher also shared a message about his upcoming bundle of joy's name.
"We haven't picked names yet but it's looking like Fly is gonna fly. #boyorgirl #flyfisher," he wrote.
Underwood and Fisher have been married since 2010. The "Blown Away" singer told People magazine in April 2013 that she would quit her music career if Fisher asked her to.
"When you make that promise to somebody, and you stand before God and your family and friends, you've got to do everything that you possibly can to make that work," she said at the time.
Original headline: Carrie Underwood expecting first child with husband Mike Fisher
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms