Country bomb throwing was reported from three places in Kannur — at Aadoor Palam, Moonnuperiya and Peralassery — and incidents of stone throwing at buses were reported from different places in the state including Kozhikode and Kochi.
In Punalur, hartal supporters attacked a hotel and in many other places small businesses were targeted and hartal supporters overturned the carts of mobile fruit and fish vendors.
The hartal call was made by the RSS and BJP following the murder of RSS leader
All schools and higher educational institutions in the state remained closed on Tuesday, fearing the wrath of the hartal supporters. With the BJP in power in the country, the hartal call by the BJP-RSS combine in
Those who had to commute within the state had a torrid time on Tuesday as the
Police vehicles were used to transport people who had emergencies, but scores of passengers were stranded at the bus stations, railway stations and airports.
Police have registered cases against eight suspects in connection with the murder of Manoj. RSS leaders, however, said they were not convinced with the commitment of the police with regard to the investigation, alleging that the officer in charge of the investigation was a sympathiser of the CPM.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think