Country bomb throwing was reported from three places in Kannur — at Aadoor Palam, Moonnuperiya and Peralassery — and incidents of stone throwing at buses were reported from different places in the state including Kozhikode and Kochi.
In Punalur, hartal supporters attacked a hotel and in many other places small businesses were targeted and hartal supporters overturned the carts of mobile fruit and fish vendors.
The hartal call was made by the RSS and BJP following the murder of RSS leader
All schools and higher educational institutions in the state remained closed on Tuesday, fearing the wrath of the hartal supporters. With the BJP in power in the country, the hartal call by the BJP-RSS combine in
Those who had to commute within the state had a torrid time on Tuesday as the
Police vehicles were used to transport people who had emergencies, but scores of passengers were stranded at the bus stations, railway stations and airports.
Police have registered cases against eight suspects in connection with the murder of Manoj. RSS leaders, however, said they were not convinced with the commitment of the police with regard to the investigation, alleging that the officer in charge of the investigation was a sympathiser of the CPM.
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut