The 2014 Forum is expected to conclude agreements on a range of critical infrastructure projects for the eight nations of UEMOA, with a combined value of
In the last decade the size of the African economy has more than trebled, with
With a combined gross domestic product of
"Infrastructure is an enormously promising investment opportunity across
With the presence of a number of heads of states, top executives of financial institutions and multilateral agencies and large contingent of high level government delegations, the event is expected to witness the signing of a number of business deals.
"The GCC investors already have a significant presence in the West African countries. This forum will be an opportunity for regional investors to take a closer look at emerging opportunities," said Panchaiya.
Although the recent outbreak of Ebola epidemic is expected to have some impact on the economies of the region, organisers of the forum said, the impact will be short term and global investors are attracted to the longer term investment opportunities in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists