The company said : "The product offers a comprehensive cyber risk management service, and allows AEGIS policyholders to separately reinsure their cyber exposures with a panel of leading reinsurers. Traditionally, cyber exposures have been included within other lines of reinsurance cover, such as property and casualty, but the level and scope of coverage can often be difficult to ascertain. The AEGIS London facility goes beyond the traditional basic cyber offering which has generally provided lower coverage limits and has focused on losses arising from information security breaches which led to data loss."
It described the facility as offering "holistic cover against cyber losses, focusing both on operational and information technology breaches which can lead to more expensive and wide ranging claims arising from bodily injury, contingent business interruption, and physical damage to high value assets. This advanced approach is needed to deal with emerging cyber threats and exposures, particularly in critical infrastructure industries such as manufacturing, marine and aviation."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him