The company said : "The product offers a comprehensive cyber risk management service, and allows AEGIS policyholders to separately reinsure their cyber exposures with a panel of leading reinsurers. Traditionally, cyber exposures have been included within other lines of reinsurance cover, such as property and casualty, but the level and scope of coverage can often be difficult to ascertain. The AEGIS London facility goes beyond the traditional basic cyber offering which has generally provided lower coverage limits and has focused on losses arising from information security breaches which led to data loss."
It described the facility as offering "holistic cover against cyber losses, focusing both on operational and information technology breaches which can lead to more expensive and wide ranging claims arising from bodily injury, contingent business interruption, and physical damage to high value assets. This advanced approach is needed to deal with emerging cyber threats and exposures, particularly in critical infrastructure industries such as manufacturing, marine and aviation."
Most Popular Stories
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid