The company said : "The product offers a comprehensive cyber risk management service, and allows AEGIS policyholders to separately reinsure their cyber exposures with a panel of leading reinsurers. Traditionally, cyber exposures have been included within other lines of reinsurance cover, such as property and casualty, but the level and scope of coverage can often be difficult to ascertain. The AEGIS London facility goes beyond the traditional basic cyber offering which has generally provided lower coverage limits and has focused on losses arising from information security breaches which led to data loss."
It described the facility as offering "holistic cover against cyber losses, focusing both on operational and information technology breaches which can lead to more expensive and wide ranging claims arising from bodily injury, contingent business interruption, and physical damage to high value assets. This advanced approach is needed to deal with emerging cyber threats and exposures, particularly in critical infrastructure industries such as manufacturing, marine and aviation."
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes