Server revenue grew by 3.8 per cent year-on-year to
"The second quarter of 2014 marks a key milestone in the server market for many vendors, as both shipments and revenue grew for the first time since this period in 2011," Errol Rasit, research director at
In the second quarter of the year, HP extended its revenue share lead with 7.3 per cent growth even as shipments declined 5.2 per cent.
Dell's revenue increased by 13.5 per cent to 493.5 million, and its shipments grew 5.5 per cent to 120,371.
Meanwhile, x86 server revenue increased by 12.7 per cent in EMEA. RISC/Itanium UNIX revenue declined 23.6 per cent and the other CPU segment revenue decreased 17.8 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals