Server revenue grew by 3.8 per cent year-on-year to
"The second quarter of 2014 marks a key milestone in the server market for many vendors, as both shipments and revenue grew for the first time since this period in 2011," Errol Rasit, research director at
In the second quarter of the year, HP extended its revenue share lead with 7.3 per cent growth even as shipments declined 5.2 per cent.
Dell's revenue increased by 13.5 per cent to 493.5 million, and its shipments grew 5.5 per cent to 120,371.
Meanwhile, x86 server revenue increased by 12.7 per cent in EMEA. RISC/Itanium UNIX revenue declined 23.6 per cent and the other CPU segment revenue decreased 17.8 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype