The number of mortgages approved in July totaled 66,569 compared to 67,085 in June. It was forecast to fall to 66,000.
Lending secured on dwellings increased by more-than-expected
Consumer credit increased by
M4 money supply continued to decline in July from last year. M4 was down 1% versus a decrease of 0.7% in June. On a monthly basis, the increase in M4 rose to 0.3% from 0.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say