The number of mortgages approved in July totaled 66,569 compared to 67,085 in June. It was forecast to fall to 66,000.
Lending secured on dwellings increased by more-than-expected
Consumer credit increased by
M4 money supply continued to decline in July from last year. M4 was down 1% versus a decrease of 0.7% in June. On a monthly basis, the increase in M4 rose to 0.3% from 0.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes