The Eastern and
The projects and infrastructure finance transactions are Kilwa Energy which received
Syndicated facilities are to be given to
Speaking to East African Business Week in Dar es Salaam last week,
He said the PTA is determined to promote both private sector and government development through trade, project and infrastructure financing.
In the agribusiness sector, PTA is financing transactions involving soft commodities such as tobacco, sugar and cotton. The bank is also looking at financing agricultural inputs such as fertilizer.
"The bank has approved close to
He said the bank enjoys strong support from its shareholders and has over the last five years attained an annual balanced growth rate of 39%.
The bank's authorized capital has increased up to
Tadesse said, "Our product and service offerings are primarily trade, project and corporate finance and to a lesser extent, equity finance and guarantees with tenures ranging from short to long term."
The Deputy Minister for Finance, Mwigulu Nchemba, requested that the private sector plays its vital role towards economic development.
Nchemba said most of countries have moved from public sector led economy to the private sector driven market economy.
"The private sector continues to assume an increasingly larger and crucial role in national growth, development and poverty reduction efforts," the Minister said.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight