State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Alhaji MuÁzu
The commissioner explained that the state government has been negotiating with the IDB for the past three years on three major projects to be financed by the bank.
According to him, the state government had approached the IDB on the financing of a Bi-lingual Bentre, dualisation of
Bawa noted that after exhaustive deliberations, the bank accepted to finance the Bilingual Centre and the dualisation project but rejected the agricultural extension services.
The commissioner further disclosed that the Federal Government and the IDB would finalise some technical areas regarding the facilities, which, according to him, are repayable in 25 years.
According to the commissioner, "All things being equal, the technical issues will be resolved between the Federal Government, the IDB and the state government by September for the release of funds".
The Works and
He assured the people of the state that the state government would make judicious use of the funds as soon as they are released by the bank.
"This government is committed towards developing all sectors of the state economy by ensuring it emerged among the three top economies".
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop