State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Alhaji MuÁzu
The commissioner explained that the state government has been negotiating with the IDB for the past three years on three major projects to be financed by the bank.
According to him, the state government had approached the IDB on the financing of a Bi-lingual Bentre, dualisation of
Bawa noted that after exhaustive deliberations, the bank accepted to finance the Bilingual Centre and the dualisation project but rejected the agricultural extension services.
The commissioner further disclosed that the Federal Government and the IDB would finalise some technical areas regarding the facilities, which, according to him, are repayable in 25 years.
According to the commissioner, "All things being equal, the technical issues will be resolved between the Federal Government, the IDB and the state government by September for the release of funds".
The Works and
He assured the people of the state that the state government would make judicious use of the funds as soon as they are released by the bank.
"This government is committed towards developing all sectors of the state economy by ensuring it emerged among the three top economies".
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison