"The benefits of 4G LTE in delivering superior performance is clear, and with surging global demand for mobility and always-on connectivity across diverse M2M applications, the powerful NTC-140W will deliver a myriad of new deployment opportunities over the long-term as 2G networks are gradually decommissioned to make way for the new wave of LTE," saidDavid Stewart, CEO and Managing Director,
Featuring a penta-band 4G module, the NTC-140W establishes a super-fast connection to global 4G LTE networks and offers penta-band 3G support covering 3G networks worldwide. The device ensures reliable connectivity to time critical systems, tele-health services and disaster recovery applications with automatic failover to 3G when outside of 4G coverage areas, and instant fall-back to 4G when the Gigabit Ethernet ports are used as an alternate Internet connection. The built in VPN clients also ensure a secure connection over public mobile networks.
The powerful processor delivers optimal performance and its embedded NetComm Linux OS and Software Development Kit (SDK) enables the installation of custom firmware to the onboard flash memory via the programming interface. Its polycarbonate and rubber enclosure is mountable, designed for rugged deployments and also features temperature tolerances making it ideal for remote and industrial environments.
GSA. Evolution to LTE report,
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment