The number of homebuyers approved for a mortgage fell in July, according to the Bank of
The Bank reported that mortgage approvals fell to 66,569 in July after picking up to 67,085 in June from a 10-month low of 61,914 in May. The total value of loans advanced by lenders, including remortgaging by existing borrowers, was pounds 16.6bn, up from pounds 16.4bn in June and pounds 15bn in May. The figures will add to the debate over whether
On Friday, Nationwide building society reported a rebound in house price growth, with an 0.8% rise in August and an acceleration in the annual rate of increase from 10.6% to 11%.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry