Total earnings increased 2.6% year-over-year in July following the revised 1% rise in June. Economists had expected earnings to grow 0.9%.
Contractual earnings climbed 0.9%, after the 0.4% increase in June. Scheduled earnings rose 0.7% in July, which was faster than the revised 0.2% growth in the previous month.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World