The electronics giant developed a prototype of a device that will detoxify harmful substances in groundwater, which makes it safe to drink water.
The system is compact enough be carried in a small truck, has been designed to serve small rural communities in
The prototype produces 3 tonnes of drinking water per day, which is enough to supply 20 households of average size.
Tata will be offering its expertise and business networks in re-examining design and procuring materials locally.
The 2 partners are aiming to commercialise the system. The value of water related businesses in
80% of the demand will be related to water supply and sewage treatment as rapid population growth and industrialisation in
Japanese water treatment firm Metawater has been entrusted with the task of updating facilities for
While European and US companies like
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low