The Marvel comic-book adaptation Guardians of the Galaxy has topped the weekend box office, earning another $16.3 million in North America, Rentrak announced Sunday.
The action-packed, big-screen blockbuster starring Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana has scored more than $500 million worldwide to date.
Coming in at No. 2 this weekend is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with $11.8 million, followed by If I Stay at No. 3 with $9.3 million, As Above, So Below at No. 4 with $8.3 million and Let's Be Cops at No. 5 with $8.2 million.
Rounding out the top tier are The November Man at No. 6 with $7.7 million, When the Game Stands Tall at No. 7 with $5.7 million, The Giver at No. 8 with $5.3 million, The Hundred-Foot Journey at No. 9 with $4.6 million and The Expendables 3 at No. 10 with $3.5 million.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006