A statement from the bank revealed that it pioneered the initiative in collaboration with the Abia state government in January last year.
This scheme has also been implemented by local governments as an easy and efficient tool for IGR collections.
According to the Divisional Head, Retail Banking,
"Of particular interest is the offline PoS collections mode that has capabilities of collecting taxes and bills in the rural areas with little or no network coverage," he explained.
According to him, the system also warehouses data and assists in the generation of unique Tax Identification Numbers (TIN).
He stated that with the development, the bank "is poised to render this service to government and private organisations using innovative and cutting edge technology."
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy