Data from Markit Economics showed that Eurozone manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index fell to 50.7 in August from 51.8 in July. It was the lowest score since July last year and was below its earlier estimate of 50.8.
Traders focus on the
In the Asian session, the euro dropped against most major currencies as
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko warned a "full-scale war" was imminent if Russian troops continued an advance in support of pro-
The euro recovered to 1.3138 against the US dollar, from an early 1-year low of 1.3118. If the euro extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 1.32 area.
Against the yen, the euro edged up to 136.85 from an early low of 136.65. On the upside, 137.31 is seen as the next resistance level for the euro.
Data from the Markit Economics showed that the manufacturing sector in
Moving away from an early high of 0.7916 against the pound, the euro depreciated to nearly a 6-week low of 0.7890. Continuation of bearish trend may lead the euro to a support around the 0.787 mark.
Data from the Bank of
Against the Swiss franc, the euro edged up to 4-day high of 1.2069 in the earlier deals, and held steady thereafter.
The US markets are closed in observance of
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World