The company posted a pretax loss of
It posted a total run of mine production of 2.1 million tonnes, down from 2.2 million tonnes in the previous year, due to lower production at its Vlakvarkfontein mine and as operations wound down at its Ferreira mine.
Its Penumbra mine produced 498,176 tonnes for the year, up from 143,299 tonnes, as the company ramped up production. During the initial ramp up stage at Penumbra the company, encountered some stone rolls which are displacing the coal seam in the current mining area, which is hitting production.
It has been reviewing its planned production lay-out to mitigate the impact of the stone rolls on the production rate. The mine is ontrack for its targeted 70,000 tonnes per month.
Total coal sales rose to 1.9 million tonnes, up from 1.8 million tonnes.
At De Wittekrans, it executed its mining right in May, and now has 12 months to start mining operations, although the right can be delayed if it does not receive an Integrated Water Use License within the year. In the fourth quarter, the company selected two sites for mining at De Wittekrans, and these sites are now being evaluated.
The company's shares are currently suspended. However, the company expects that the suspension will be lifted on both AIM and the
It is undertaking a rights issue to raise AUD35.1 million at a price of AUD0.005 per new share to repay unsecured convertible note-holders, loans and royalty holders, repay bridging finance, reduce its borrowings and develop its coal mining projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison