Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Posted Date: 29-AUG-14
Office Address: Department of Homeland Security; United States Coast Guard (USCG); C4IT (C3CEN); Coast Guard Blvd Portsmouth VA 23703
Subject: Purchase of Software
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: HSCG44-14-Q-PC2292
Contact: James A Lassiter, CONTRACTING OFFICER, Phone (757)686-2149, Fax N/A at this time, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Department of Homeland Security
United States Coast Guard (USCG)
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items/services prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6 Streamlined Procedures for Evaluation and Solicitation for Commercial Items, as supplement with additional information in this notice. This announcement constitutes the ONLY solicitation and no other solicitation document will be issued. This solicitation is issued as a Request for Quote number RFQ HSCG44-14-Q-PC2292. This number is for tracking purposes only. Solicitation documents and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-76. This procurement will be processed in accordance with FAR Parts 12, Acquisition of Commercial Items and Part 13, Simplified Acquisition Procedures. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is 511210. The SBA size standard is $38.5 million. Due to this Acquisition being considered to be a Sole Source Procurement it is not anticipated that the Contracting Officer will receive two (2) or more Offers from qualified Small Business Concerns; therefore in accordance with FAR 19.502-2(a), This IS NOT A Small Business Set-A-Side. All Items are to be NEW ITEMS. Used or Refurbished items are NOT acceptable and will not be considered for Award. The USCG Command, Control and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN) Portsmouth, Virginia 23703, intends to purchase on a non-competitive basis by awarding a Firm Fixed Purchase Order to: Real Time Innovations Inc. for the items associated in the Schedule B below. The proposed contract action resulting from this synopsis/solicitation for commercial services is the Government's intention to solicit and negotiate with only one source under the authority of FAR 6.302.1 and 13.106-1(b). Interested persons/parties may indentify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement or submit proposals. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals. However, all proposals received within five (5) days after date of publication of this synopsis/solicitation will be considered by the Government. A determination by the Government not to compete with this proposed contract based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement, and for informational purposes. The contractor for this proposed Sole Source contract is: Real Time Innovations Inc. (RTI), 385 Moffett Park Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089; Cage Code 03FH8. A current System for Award Management (SAM) Data Search and Business Identification Number Cross Reference System (BINCS) Search was conducted on this Contractor by the Contracting Officer. This Contractor is current/active in SAM and does not have any active Exclusion. Data Search date: 29 August 2014. This is a Sole Source Procurement. See attached JOTFOC Document below. The government intends to award a contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible bidder proposal conforming to the solicitation which will be most advantageous and Best Value to the Government, price and other factors considered. Any Qualified Contractor that can provide the exact Items as described below is encouraged to provide a response to this RFQ Posting.
*PLEASE NOTE* Interested Offeror's are to provide Firm Fixed Price Proposals with Delivery Information by 5 September 2014 @ 7:00 am EST. Delivery Information is to include the Shipping Terms the Offeror is proposing, FOB Origin or FOB Destination. Destination is preferred by USCG/Government. If proposing FOB Origin, provide Shipping cost as a separate line item. FIRM FIXED Price Proposals must be submitted on company letterhead stationery and must include the following information: (1) Cost Breakdown, (2) Unit Price, (3) Extended Price, (4) Payment Terms and discount offered for prompt payment. Email quotes are acceptable and may be emailed to the POC Viki Frey, Contract Specialist; at email Viki.Frey@uscg.mil.
INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE: The Contractor shall only tender for acceptance those Items that conform to the requirements of this Order/Contract. The Government/USCG reserves the right to Inspect or Test any Supplies or Services that have been tendered for Acceptance. The Government may require repair or replacement of nonconforming supplies or reperformance of nonconforming Services at no increase in contract price. If repair/replacement or reperformance will not correct the defects or is not possible, the Government/USCG may seek an equitable price reduction or adequate consideration for acceptance of nonconforming supplies or services. The Government must exercise its post-acceptance rights- (1) Within a reasonable time after the defect was discovered or should have been discovered; and (2) Before any substantial change occurs in the condition of the item, unless the change is due to the defect in the item. Final Inspection and Acceptance will be performed by Gov/USCG Authorized Personnel at the point and location of Destination as stated on the Order/Contract, unless otherwise stated on the Order/Contract.
SCHEDULE B: Line Item 1: Eleven (11) each of: RTI Connext DDS for Infrastructure Community members, Developer Subscription; One (1) Developer License, Maintenance, Self-Service Support, Platforms: Windows and Linux on Intel Architecture processors, Period of Performance: 28 September 2014 through 27 September 2015; Part Number: 850-20-85-00 Software: OMG DDS compliant libraries with C, C, C# and Java APIs; Shared memory, UDPv4 and TCP transports; Interface compiler (rtiddsgen) and basic utilities; Tools: Wireshark, Launcher and Spreadsheet Add-In for Microsoft Excel; Library source code and prebuilt binaries
Line Item 2: Eleven (11) each of: RTI Connext Integrator for Infrastructure Community Members, Developer Subscription, Period of Performance: 28 September 2014 through 27 September 2015; Part Number: 853-20-85-00 One (1) Developer License; Maintenance; Self Service Support; Platforms: Windows and Linux on Intel Architecture processors
Line Item 3: Eleven (11) each of: RTI Connext Tools for Infrastructure Community Members, Developer Subscription (All Developers Licensed), Period of Performance: 28 September 2014 through 27 September 2015; Part Number: 854-20-85-00 One (1) Developer License; Maintenance; Self Service Support; Platforms: Windows and Linux on Intel Architecture processors
Line Item 4: Eleven (11) each of: Additional Standard Platform for RTI Connext for Infrastructure Community Members, Subscription (Per Developer); Period of Performance: 28 September 2014 through 27 September 2015; Part Number: 858-20-85-20 Solaris; License to library source code and prebuilt binaries for an additional standard platform; Software updates, Self service support
Line Item 5: Eleven (11) each of: RTI Connext Limited Bandwidth Plug-ins for Infrastructure Community Members, Subscription (Per Developer); Period of Performance: 28 September 2014 through 27 September 2015; Part Number: 862-20-85-00 License to library source code and prebuilt binaries for limited bandwidth plug-ins; Maintenance; Self Service Support
Line Item 6: Three (3) each of: Phone, Email and Web Support for Infrastructure Community Members, User Subscription; Period of Performance: 28 September 2014 through 27 September 2015; Part Number: 857-20-00-00 Provides a single identified user with personal RTI technical support (phone, email and Web) - Annual Subscription
Email quotes are acceptable and may be emailed to the POC Viki Frey, Contract Specialist; at email Viki.Frey@uscg.mil.
PROVISIONS / CLAUSES * The Following FAR Provisions/Clauses apply to this Acquisition: FAR 52.212-1 -- Instructions to Offerors -- Commercial Items (Apr 2014) FAR 52.212-2 -- Evaluation -- Commercial Items (Jan 1999). Award will be made to the Offeror proposing the Best Value to the Government considering specification, price, delivery, past performance and quality. FAR 52.212-3 -- Offeror Representations and Certifications -- Commercial Items (May 2014) to include Alt I (May 2014). An Offeror shall complete only paragraphs (b) of this provision if the Offeror has completed the annual representations and certificates electronically via http://www.acquisition.gov. If an Offeror has not completed the annual representations and certifications electronically at the System for Award Management (SAM) website, the Offeror shall complete only paragraphs (c) through (o) of this provision. FAR 52.212-4 -- Contract Terms and Conditions -- Commercial Items (May 2014) FAR 52.212-5 -- Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders -- Commercial Items (Jul2014) FAR 52.252-2 -- Clauses Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998), the full text of the clause may be accessed electronically at Internet address http://www.arnet.gov/far; A Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number is the primary identifier in FAR 52.204-7 System for Award Management (Jul 2013). Contractors are located and identified in SAM by their DUNS number. To facilitate payment via Electronic Funds Transfer - contractors should be registered in SAM. A DUNS number can be obtained via www.dnb.com and SAM registration can be obtained via www.sam.gov. * The following Clauses and others as indicated by the Contracting Officer as applicable shall apply to the awarded contract. FAR 52.222-3 -- Convict Labor (June 2003) FAR 52.222-19 -- Child Labor-Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies (Jan 2014) FAR 52.222-21 -- Prohibition of Segregated Facilities (Feb 1999) FAR 52.222-26 -- Equal Opportunity (Mar 2007) FAR 52.222-35 -- Equal Opportunity for Veterans (Jul 2014) (38 U.S.C. 4212) FAR 52.222-36 -- Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities (Jul 2014) (29 U.S.C. 793) FAR 52.222-37 -- Employment Reports on Veterans (Jul 2014) (38 U.S.C. 4212) FAR 52.222-50 -- Combating Trafficking in Persons (Feb 2009) FAR 52.223-18 - Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving (Aug 2011) FAR 52.225-1 -- Buy American Act - Supplies (May 2014) FAR 52.225-13 -- Restriction on Certain Foreign Deliveries (Jun 2008) (E.O. 12722, 12724, 13059, 13067, 13121 and 13129) FAR 52.232-33 -- Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer--Central Contractor Registration (Jul 2013) (31 U.S.C. 3332) FAR 52.233-3 -- Protest after Award (Aug. 1996) FAR 52.233-4 -- Applicable Law for Breach of Contract Claim (OCT 2004)
* The above/following clauses are incorporated by reference, entire clause(s) available at http://www.arnet.gov/far; NOTICE TO OFFERORS CONCERNING REPRESENTATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS: This solicitation contains FAR Clause 52.204-7, System for Award Management (Jul 2013) and FAR Provision 52.204-8, Annual Representations and Certifications (May 2014). In accordance with FAR 4.1201 (a) Prospective contractors shall complete electronic annual representations and certifications at SAM accessed via https://www.acquisition.gov as a part of required registration. Please ensure completion prior to submission of your quote. Also note that paragraph (b) of FAR 52.204-8, applies.
JUSTIFICATION FOR OTHER THEN FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION 1. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF SUPPLIES OR SERVICES REQUIRED, AND THE INTENDED USE The C3CEN UCOP project utilizes Real-Time Innovations (RTI) software for development and support of the Unclassified Common Operational Picture (UCOP). This requirement is for renewal of license support, upgrades, and library license renewal of RTI's Connext DDS, RTI Connext Integrator, RTI Connext Tools, RTI Connext Additional Standard Platform, RTI Connext Limited-Bandwidth Plug-ins software, and Phone, Email and Web Support. This purchase can be obtained from RTI with an estimated cost of $56K.
2. UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS THAT LIMIT AVAILABILITY TO ONLY ONE SOURCE, WITH THE REASON NO OTHER SUPPLIES OR SERVICES CAN BE USED. UCOP has been using the RTI software for development for over two years. If another software brand or service is selected, extensive re-engineering of the UCOP system would be required. This would result in additional labor hours and potential delays in providing UCOP services to the Coast Guard. The estimated cost for these engineering services would be well over $1 million.
3. REASON THAT SUGGESTED SOURCE IS THE ONLY SOURCE WHICH CAN PROVIDE THE SUPPLIES OR SERVICES This item is brand specific, and the RTI software is currently being used by the UCOP project. Market research was conducted using various methods, internet searches, telephone calls to sales departments, no other vendor was found to be able to provide the necessary RTI software license renewals.
4. EXPLAIN WHY AN ADEQUATE PURCHASE DESCRIPTION OR OTHER INFORMATION SUITABLE TO SOLICIT BY FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION HAS NOT BEEN DEVELOPED OR ARE NOT AVAILABLE. The SOW in the current UCOP development contract specifies use of RTI DDS software for development of the UCOP system. This purchase request is for renewing the licenses for the RTI DDS software currently being used for UCOP development, we are not entertaining other vendors DDS for development, this is a "brand specific" purchase request.
5. PROVIDE A STATEMENT OF ACTIONS, IF ANY, THE GOVERNMENT MAY TAKE TO REMOVE OR OVERCOME ANY BARRIERS TO COMPETITION BEFORE FUTURE ACQUISITIONS ARE REQUIRED We do anticipate using RTI software for the foreseeable future, and we will once again conduct extensive market research to try to locate competition for this requirement. Until UCOP system is completely re-developed, continued use of RTI software is anticipated. Re-development is pending requirements, funding availability and SDLC processes.
6. CONTRACTING OFFICER'S CERTIFICATION. I certify that the data supporting the recommended use of other than full and open competition is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. ____________________ James A. Lassiter; Contracting Officer
7. TECHNICAL/REQUIREMENTS PERSONNEL CERTIFICATION. I certify that this requirement meets the Government's minimum need and that the supporting data, which forms a basis for the justification, is accurate and complete. ________________________________ Victor Spellman; Technical Representative/COTR
Email quotes are acceptable and may be emailed to the POC Viki Frey, Contract Specialist; at email Viki.Frey@uscg.mil.