She is a high-flyer in both the literal and metaphoric sense and now takes on one of the most difficult jobs in the media.
A long-term non-executive director of banking group
Despite an impressive City CV - she was recently linked to the chairmanship of
Fairhead, who was born in
According to her entry in Debrett's, Fairhead's hobbies include skiing, flying and scuba diving. Prior to joining Pearson, she worked at chemicals group ICI and engineering firm Bombardier. She was appointed CBE in 2012 and was this year made a British business ambassador. A non-executive member of the
In an interview in 1998, Fairhead, who has three children and is married to a former Tory councillor, said women could have children and still be successful in the City. "That's an important message for people to receive, since there has been a feeling recently you can't have both."
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence