Australian shares posted modest gains on Monday, with financial and resources stocks pulling up the benchmark index as investors took a positive lead from
As investors digested a mixed earnings season in the past two weeks, a gauge of Australian price pressures showed consumer price inflation at its lowest in seven months in August, adding to predictions of no rate rise when the central bank board meets on Tuesday.
New figures from the
The benchmark S&P ASX 200 index was up 0.3 per cent or 18.11 points at 5644.00 points, within eight points of the record high it reached on
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'