Subject to market conditions, the Government has decided to proceed with the sale of
The Government is satisfied that this timing best meets our objectives for a sale, which are: to contribute to an efficient, competitive and viable private health insurance industry; to maintain service and quality levels for
It is the Government s intention to offer shares to retail investors and domestic and international institutions.
All Australians will be given the opportunity to pre-register for a Medibank Private Share Offer prospectus towards the end of
Details of the offer structure will be provided in that Medibank Private Share Offer prospectus.
The Government expects to lodge the Medibank Private Share Offer prospectus with the
Interested participants will then be able to apply for shares directly or through their broker.
The Coalition has long been committed to the sale of
As such there is no compelling policy reason for the Government to continue to own
The privatisation of
Proceeds from the sale of
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola