An insurance deal is signed by
Package will range from 1.5 percent for a KES 70,000 phone to 2 percent for a device worth KES 20,000. The number of high-end smartphones in
For users to register for the insurance package, they are needed to send an SMS with their handset identification (IMEI) numbers to 70707. Two verification messages will then be sent with further registration details. During registration, one must have proof of purchase, whereby the insurance value will be based on catalogue price as well as applicable depreciation.
This insurance deal includes only devices that are less than 2 years old. Device owners are permitted to only make a maximum of two claims per device per year. In 2013, Kenya Orient unveiled a KES 999 monthly premium policy that covers smartphones against theft and accidental destruction and customers could make 3 claims yearly.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006