When installed by the operator, the V400 software will expand the avionics capabilities for functionalities such as single-pilot operation, weather overlays on a moving map display and other features that reduce pilot workload while enhancing the S-76D helicopter s capabilities. V400 software provides an integrated cockpit solution to allow use of optional SiriusXM weather overlays on the moving map, Mode S Transponder transmission of Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast data, and Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance, for both runway and heliports.
This certification provides our customers with innovative software that will improve their in-flight experience, said
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.5-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The new generation S-76D helicopter, through its application of modern technologies, provides a substantial increase in performance, power and authority. The S-76D helicopter s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt &
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples