The EBRD is extending a new 10 million loan to SC Raja SA Constanta, one of the largest water utilities in
The EBRD loan is being provided alongside EU Cohesion Funds of 47.5 million. The investment will increase access to clean water and improve sewerage services in the region. As a result, over 10,000 people will receive access to a safe water supply through extended water networks and nearly 20,000 people will be connected to sewerage networks in 17 towns and villages across the counties of Constanta, Ialomita and Ilfov. The project will also support investments in wastewater networks and will ensure that quality water supply services are available in smaller localities in Ilfov county, which is also serviced by SC Raja SA Constanta.
Signing the new transaction EBRD Director for Municipal and
This EBRD loan is the 23rd investment under the Romania EU Cohesion Fund Water Co-Financing Framework (R2CF), launched in 2010. The facility was originally approved in
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists