For a 10% stake in Rocket,
In addition, the contract would cover Philippine telcom operator s expertise in mobile payments and resources with Rocket's global e-commerce and web services footprint.
The partnership will allow us to leverage our combined strengths in developing online and mobile payment solutions in emerging markets, says
Rocket and PLDT share a vision for the growth opportunity of Internet and mobile business models in emerging markets, as smartphone penetration increases exponentially, says Oliver Samwer, founder and CEO of Rocket Internet. Strategic partnerships are a core part of Rocket's strategy to rapidly roll out new Internet-based business models across diverse geographies. Financial technology is a key focus sector for Rocket and this partnership will allow us to build on PLDT s innovations in mobile money and micro-payments and accelerate the delivery of those solutions around the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s