The loan will be used to speed up reforms in Ukrainian banking system.
Through this loan, the World Bank aims to encourage regulation and operational reforms to better deal with insolvent banks particularly the Deposit Guarantee Fund (DGF).
According to a statement released from the institute's website, the World Bank administration will support the
"The package of reforms supported by this operation will help improve the performance of
"We are helping the Ukrainian authorities to implement an urgent set of measures aimed at returning the country to a sustainable growth path," Fan said.
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities