The loan will be used to speed up reforms in Ukrainian banking system.
Through this loan, the World Bank aims to encourage regulation and operational reforms to better deal with insolvent banks particularly the Deposit Guarantee Fund (DGF).
According to a statement released from the institute's website, the World Bank administration will support the
"The package of reforms supported by this operation will help improve the performance of
"We are helping the Ukrainian authorities to implement an urgent set of measures aimed at returning the country to a sustainable growth path," Fan said.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays