Ahead of the 2015 general elections, the
Banking on the euphoria of the defection of four APGA members of the
State Chairman of PDP, Ken Emeakayi, who spoke with our correspondent on phone, said he has formally welcomed the APGA lawmakers into PDP, adding that his party was poised to reclaim its lost glory in Anambra State.
Emeakayi noted that all those in other political parties in Anambra were people who left PDP due to one grouse or the other, but assured that the party, which has been made better by the current leadership, is ready to receive them anytime they return.
"I can confirm to you that members of the
"I have received all of them into PDP. I don't need to call a rally to receive them. We have always had only one party in Anambra State and that is PDP. The other people in other parties were people who left PDP because of one grouse or the other.
"But you can see that the current leadership of our party has started reconciliation. The party is now a better place. Our door is open to others who want to return. Our umbrella is large enough to accommodate everybody," he said.
Emeakayi declared that with the reformation going on in the party under the current leadership, PDP would be the party to beat in Anambra in 2015, since, according to him, there is no other strong opposition standing on its way.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid