The State Joint Stock Company Uzbekenergo is implementing 28 large investment projects on creation, modernization and rehabilitation of power facilities of
Thus, Uzbekenergo involves preferential loan of the Export-Import Bank of
Works to expand Talimardjan thermal power plant are continuing, including construction of two 450 MW combined-cycle plants. Supply of main equipment and components has been started.
Project on expansion of the Navoi thermal power plant with construction of a second 450 MW combined-cycle plant is being performed with the involvement of JICA funding. Currently, consulting TEPSCO (
Uzbekenergo also pays attention to modernization of the electric power metering system, including introduction of the automated system of fiscal power metering. Installation of 5 million metering devices is expected in all regions of the country.
In addition, works on construction of a 100 MW photovoltaic power plant have been launched in Samarkand region.
Growth rate of electricity production in
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say