Thane: Ganeshotsav is barely few weeks away and many housing societies across Thane have already started preparing for the festival in a unique way.
The societies have planned to bid adieu to the notice boards and are using FB pages, WhatsApp groups and phone messages to update the residents about the puja and other related schedule during the festival.
In an attempt to emphasise on the eco-friendly festival, K Kumar, president of
This year, Thane's housing societies have gone a step further by pledging to bring in an eco-friendly Ganpati. "We have a group of five people who have been entrusted with responsibility of keeping an update about various events in the society. They are the IT (Information Technology) group of our society who would be updating everyone about latest events in the society. They will be doing paperless work and follow eco-friendly ways," said Bivek K from
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists