A 100 MW solar thermal plant planned for
The development bank said, The South African energy sector is faced with a number of challenges. And as the
"Once fully developed the !Ka Xu concentrated solar thermal plant will collect solar energy using parabolic trough technology and convert it into electricity in the steam cycle. Through a built-in molten salt storage system or the thermal energy storage, the plant will have capacity to store energy during off peak hours and dispatch it during peak hours."
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy