Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN)
Classification Code: 70 - General purpose information technology equipment
Solicitation Number: FDA-RFI-1138019
Place of Performance (address): 5630 Fishers LaneRockville, MD
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20857
Place of Performance Country: US
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE to determine the availability and capability of all businesses to provide Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN). Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) is an initiative to provide scientists with the ability to replace their paper notebooks with intuitive software. An ELN is a computer program, which can be used to document research, experiments, and procedures performed in a laboratory. ELNs also allow for the direct incorporation of data from lab instruments to streamline the process of recording statistics and numbers. With the use of this technology, scientists will be given the ability to save, organize, compile, share, and protect intellectual property. ELNs will provide an added level of efficiency to the present way of recording results and data integration. Currently the scientists experience challenges in tying together paper documentation of the work performed and its conclusions with the countless types of digital files that constitute data and with the results/analyses, protocols, designs, calculations, and presentations and publications that often exist in electronic form.
Interested potential offerors are encouraged to respond to this notice. Responses to this notice shall be limited to ten (10) pages, and must include:
1. The following information must be included on the FACE PAGE of the submittal (the face page is not counted in the ten (10) page limit): a. Company/Organization name, b. mailing address, c. e-mail address, d. telephone and FAX numbers, e. website address (if available), f. The name, telephone number, and e-mail address of a point of contact having the authority and knowledge to clarify responses with Government representatives. g. Business size for 511210, (Size Standard:
f. A complete Vendor Product Accessibility form (VPAT) for the ELN. A copy is available here: http://www.hhs.gov/web/508/contracting/technology/vpathhsinstructions.html This information is excluded from page count restrictions.
g. A statement on the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance.
h. Identification of any Government contractual vehicles available for use for this requirement, such as GSA Federal Supply Schedule contract numbers and GWACs by agency and contract numbers, if applicable.
i. Any comments or suggestions concerning
To the maximum extent possible, please submit non-proprietary information. Any proprietary information submitted should be identified as such and will be properly protected from disclosure.
This notice is for planning purposes only, and does not constitute an Invitation for Bids, a Request for Proposals, a Solicitation, a Request for Quotes, or an indication the Government will contract for the items contained in this announcement. This request is not to be construed as a commitment on the part of the Government to award a contract, nor does the Government intend to pay for any information submitted as a result of this request. The Government will not reimburse respondents for any cost associated with submission of the information being requested or reimburse expenses incurred to interested parties for responses to this announcement.
Responses to this notice must be received by Contract Specialist named in this announcement no later than
Thank you for your interest.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits