At the groundbreaking for the new
"If you were asked to list the most valuable gems in a community's treasure chest, certainly a hospital would always rank near the top. All of us here know how vital it is to have healthcare as close to your front door as humanly possible. Add the hard numbers of Boone Memorial's contributions to the local economy - the payroll and jobs created, the local contracts, enhanced tax base - and its value soars. That's why reinvesting in community hospitals is a no brainer, and something I strongly support," said Rahall.
"I have fought Republican Presidents, and Democratic Presidents. Right now I am in a whopper of a fight with the current occupant in the
"My fight also includes preserving and strengthening the
The new hospital, which will include approximately 50,000 square feet of new space and 25 private rooms, will provide quality medical care for
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton