After upgrading their facilities,
While the previous iteration featured a great deal of informative content, the new site's layout makes it easy for customers to navigate and locate the services offered by
Unlike the previous website, the new
Now that the new website has been live for several weeks, positive feedback has started coming in.
"The main drive to update the website was to re-brand the business. [We] just purchased a new location to move into and wanted to make sure the image of the rest of the company followed suit," says Johnson. "The end goal here is to support the drive to have a bigger presence in the
Johnson went on to explain that Piper Fire Protection revamped its website not only to further improve customer service, but to educate consumers on the fire protection systems in their facilities.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12083673.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval