U.S. stocks closed higher Friday as investors were relieved by reports of easing tensions between
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 185.66 points, or 1.1 percent, to 16,553.93.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 22.02 points, or 1.2 percent, to 1,931.59.
The Nasdaq composite rose 35.93 points, or 0.8 percent, to 4,370.90
For the week:
The Dow rose 60.56 points, or 0.4 percent.
The S&P 500 rose 6.44 points, or 0.3 percent.
The Nasdaq rose 18.26 points, or 0.4 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is down 22.73 points, or 0.1 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 83.23 points, or 4.5 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 194.31 points, or 4.7 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million