The persistent labour unrest remained a challenge for businesses and the drop was disappointing, Sacci said. "Inflationary pressures and the increase in the repo rate last month contributed to an already repressed business mood."
The impact of the steel and related industries strikes was broader on the economy despite having a shorter duration than in the platinum metal sector.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World