As per the report,
During the 2014 Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) exercise, which occurred in July, system had been tried out for extensive demo.
For aiding sailors and marines coordinate electronic countermeasure responses against inbound threats in a faster manner than traditional voice communications, EWBM has been created.
Additionally, system can also reduce the need to respond with expensive arms.
ONR electronic warfare programme officer
"With this system, sailors and marines will be able to exchange spectrum and threat information between platforms, so they can make more informed decisions in situations where time and accuracy are crucial."
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists