United States Vice President
Addressing participants at the ongoing
"Since 2010, non-oil exports from sub-Saharan Africa to
"I see no reason why - and this is not hyperbole - I see no reason why trade and investments between
"But to get there, each of us has a whole lot of work to do. And no one knows that better than the people and, particularly, the heads of state sitting in this audience," he added.
Continuing, he said: "We're working to connect more African companies with American businesses and
"We should do more. The
Biden said America "is proud of the extent to which our investment in
He said the U.S. believes in helping growth and ingraining a set of rules that are fair and decent to all competitors, rather than cutting corners, because the ties being built are those that have to last.
"The rules we're advancing are rules that will benefit us all, and the prosperity we are promoting is prosperity we can sustain together if we do it correctly at the front end."
According to him, there are so many areas of partnership between
He said already, "
Also speaking with
The investment would be across different countries and areas, he said, adding that the investment would focus "on localisation, capacity building, skills building, as well as investment in facilities for us".
Besides the manufacturing assembly facilities in the four countries, there would be "a customer innovation centre in
Ireland said the economic growth projection of about 5.5 per cent on the African continent is attractive and tremendous coming from not just resources, but a broadening of the various economies.
"We're seeing more - more manufacturing, more added value manufacturing being done," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor