The report examines actions financial institutions may take to more effectively manage potential risks to include customers’ involvement in protecting their data and financial accounts, and building a stronger, more secure payments ecosystem. It also shares recommendations on how issuers can better manage the increase in security compromises by preparing a disaster-recovery plan, just as they would for other crises.
“The results of the survey were enlightening,” said
The white paper suggests issuers are actively engaged in steps to establish a stronger payments ecosystem that includes layered security measures — such as card tokenization, EMV, adaptive risk-based 3D Secure and cardholder alerts — along with strong customer education to provide assurance which in turn increases usage and loyalty. The white paper is available online at: http://www.tsys.com/consumerdatasecurity/.
At TSYS® (NYSE: TSS), we believe payments should revolve around people, not the other way around. We call this belief "People-Centered Payments®." By putting people at the center of every decision we make, TSYS supports financial institutions, businesses and governments in more than 80 countries. Through NetSpend®, A TSYS Company, we empower consumers with the convenience, security, and freedom to be self-banked. TSYS offers issuer services and merchant payment acceptance for credit, debit, prepaid, healthcare and business solutions.
TSYS’ headquarters are located in
TSYS Media Relations
TSYS Investor Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think