In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 195.09 points, or 1.28 percent, from Thursday to 15,037.28. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Major decliners included nonferrous metal, precision machinery and brokerage shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy