Study Results from S. Chakraborty and Colleagues Broaden Understanding of Styrenes (Synthesis of Magnetic Polystyrene Nanoparticles Using Amphiphilic Ionic Liquid Stabilized RAFT Mediated Miniemulsion Polymerization)
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "IL stabilized miniemulsion was furthermore used to prepare polystyrene based magnetic nanoparticles (MNP). A large increase of the possible MNP content associated with very good colloidal stability was achieved using IL stabilized RAFT mediated MEP where a carboxyl functionalized chain transfer agent (CTA) was applied, allowing interaction with the MNP surface. The molecular weight and dispersity index of polystyrene, the content of MNP, and the morphologies of the hybrid nanoparticles were controlled by proper optimization of the concentration of initiator and CTA. The materials have been analyzed by NMR, GPC, DLS, SEM, TEM, and TGA."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Finally, the magnetic properties of the materials were determined by vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM) analysis."
For more information on this research see: Synthesis of Magnetic Polystyrene Nanoparticles Using Amphiphilic Ionic Liquid Stabilized RAFT Mediated Miniemulsion Polymerization. Macromolecules, 2014;47(13):4186-4198. Macromolecules can be contacted at: Amer Chemical Soc,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Chakraborty, King Abdulaziz City Sci & Technol,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan