THE equities market closed yesterday on positive note, as Nigerian Stock Exchange[NSE] All Share Index[ASI] appreciated by 0.11 per cent to close at 42,339.86 basis points, compared with the 1.18 per cent appreciation recorded previously. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at 2.45 per cent.
Market breadth however closed negative as
Market turnover closes positive as volume traded declined by 26.03 per cent against 10.65 per cent uptick recorded in the previous session. Access, Zenithbank and Transcorp were the most active to boost market turnover. Zenith bank and
For sectoral indices, banking recorded 1.24 per cent gain to emerge the most supportive sectoral performance among others while INS is the most hit to close with 0.59 per cent loss
By providing this information, IOSCO seeks to assist authorities in their rule making and help participants comply with the relevant regulations in the Over The Counter[OTC] derivatives market. The repository sets out central clearing requirements on a product-by-product level, and any exemptions from them. The information in the repository will be updated quarterly.
The information in the repository is for reference only. Interested parties should refer to the original version of the relevant laws and regulations.
The report recommended that authorities communicate with one another regarding the implementation of mandatory clearing within their own jurisdictions, and encouraged IOSCO to explore the establishment of a central information repository to consolidate that information.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison