Low-interest federal disaster loans are now available to certain private, nonprofit organizations (PNPs) in
SBA disaster assistance is now available in the
"PNP organizations should contact the HSEMD Public Information Officer at (515) 725-3231 or via email at HSEMDPIO@iowa.gov (link sends e-mail) to obtain information about local briefings," said
SBA may lend PNPs up to
For certain private, nonprofit organizations of any size, SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster. EIDLs may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that cannot be paid because of the disaster's impact. EIDL assistance is available regardless of whether the nonprofit suffered any property damage.
The interest rate is 2.625 percent with terms up to 30 years. The filing deadline to return applications for property damage is
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA's secure Web site at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Disaster loan information and application forms are also available from
TNS 30BautistaJude 140807-4822563 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'